Olympics Team 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event 1 - Unworked Yearlings Contest

+4
Cleo Patra
Phil Hoeflich
ricky bobby
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Event 1 - Unworked Yearlings Contest Empty Event 1 - Unworked Yearlings Contest

Post  Admin Sat May 28, 2011 5:05 pm

Event 1 - Unworked Yearling Workout Contest
Each team submits one dirt router, one turf router, one dirt sprinter, one turf sprinter and one 300 yard Quarter Horse. All five horses from each team will be worked by The Steward as soon as workouts for yearlings are available (so Saturday, June 4th in the morning). Routers will be worked 5 furlongs, sprinters will be worked 3 furlongs, and the 300 yard horse will be worked 300 yards. The fastest workout for each division will get 10 points, the 2nd fastest will get 9 points, etc. Ties will both get the allotted amount (so tie fast times will each get 10 points).

Submit your yearlings to the Steward by Friday, June 3rd at 8:00 pm Pacific (which is when the game switches to be Week 5 Monday and yearlings are eligible to be worked). Please submit them via the Contact Us button in the main SIM and not on your forum.

Rules for this Event:
1. If you don't have all of these kinds of horses, get one or get a 0.
2. Yearlings MUST be UNWORKED. If you submit a yearling, and then work it before The Steward works it for you, you will get a 0 in that division.
3. The five yearlings must be owned by FIVE DIFFERENT TEAM MEMBERS. The Olympics are supposed to be encouraging meeting new people and all that, so if (for example) one of the Expert Team Members wanted to give out four yearlings to other people, that's fine... but then those people get to keep and race that horse. So think about that, veterans, before you hand over nice yearlings to team members for the workout... they aren't coming back if you do! We will monitor and prohibit the transfer of those horses until after their juvenile season is complete.
4. If you want the yearling worked with equipment, that must be set before hand. You ARE NOW ABLE to set yearling equipment, so set it before the deadline of name submission to the Steward.

The total possible points for a team for this event is 50.

**Remember that you have an entire week to discuss your yearlings amongst yourselves, but don't feel bad if you are one of the people without a yearling to submit. Your time is coming!

Admin
Admin

https://olteam2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Event 1 - Unworked Yearlings Contest Empty Re: Event 1 - Unworked Yearlings Contest

Post  ricky bobby Sat May 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Hey fellow olympians, I had 2 sprinters that received WOW but gifted them to others. I currently have 7 Dirt Routers that got the WOW and 1 Turf Router. I am guessing we should be working the WOW/Stakes types? You guys probably have some of your own that have better pedigrees than mine, I just want to let you know what I have in my training barn.

Let's win this thing!

Laughing

ricky bobby

Back to top Go down

Event 1 - Unworked Yearlings Contest Empty Re: Event 1 - Unworked Yearlings Contest

Post  Phil Hoeflich Sat May 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Okay, so I have no quarter horses.

I have a wings dirt sprinter and two wings dirt routers. My turf program is a bit lacking at the moment.
I have checked with Mary about equipment on my wings runners, and of course, they all came back with the dreaded "needs another piece" comment. So, I've equipped them as best I can and they should be ready to go.

I'm going to search around on the sales page to see if there are any promising yearlings people are selling without really knowing what they have, but my primary offering to our team as of now are the ones I mentioned earlier.

Phil Hoeflich

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Hoeflich Sat May 28, 2011 8:54 pm

There's a dirt router I forgot to ask Mary about for equipment...and I'm fresh out of GPs. So, I'll try to get more in by the middle of next week and find out about equipment. The horse's name is San Diego State and I think it's gonna be one of my best options for this contest.

Does it matter if we submit colts/gelds or fillies? Will the males run faster times than the females?

Phil Hoeflich

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleo Patra Sun May 29, 2011 3:07 am

Here is a list of my potentials. The ones with *** beside them are the horses on the list I would most recommend for use. I put the rest on just for options if needed.

Dirt Sprinters
Accelerating - Okay gallop, only needs lasix
Fake Sick - Stakes gallop, needs lasix and one other
Sly Look - Wowed, needs F8 and one other ***

Turf Sprinters
Snoozy - Stakes gallop, needs tongue tie and one other
Wriggly - Hard to tell gallop, ear muffs only

Turf Routers
Attractive Feet - Wowed, needs lasix and one other
Changer - Okay gallop, shadow roll only
Fall Out Of Bed - Okay gallop, only needs shadow roll
Grudgingly - Stakes gallop, needs F8 and one other
Limitation - Wowed, blinkers only ***

Dirt Routers
Pillars in the Sky - Wowed, needs shadow roll and one other
The Enlivening - Stakes gallop, needs front bandages and one other

Quarter Horse
Team Simsational - Claimer gallop, didn't bother equipment checking. She's just a backup in case nobody else has a QH.

Cleo Patra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Lucas1 Sun May 29, 2011 5:06 am

The only wows/stakes quality horses I have in my barn are all dirt routers, and of the 6 I have, only 1 needs 1 piece of equipment.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=238335 - Highly Favored

Hopefully we have a wow for each category, if not I do have wings/gg for turf route, sprint, and dirt sprint but no quarter horses at all.

Todd Lucas1

Back to top Go down

Post  ricky bobby Sun May 29, 2011 5:57 am

My best options are:

Turf Router: http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=217017 (No Equipment Needed)

Dirt Router: http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=223969 (Blinkers only)
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=217845 (No Equipment Needed)
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=218247 (Front Bandages Only)

All of the were Wow Gallopers. I have a whole bunch of Turf Sprinters with the wings/great comment. And a couple of Dirt Sprinters with wings/great comments.

ricky bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew McMahon Sun May 29, 2011 11:36 am

Here is what I can offer. My speciality is definitely turf sprinters, so if I can contribute to this event, it would be my sprinters I think!

Turf Sprinters

Great Gallop
Okay
Wings
Wings
Great Gallop
Wings
Wings
Wow
Stakes
Stakes
Wow

Dirt Routers

Great Gallop
Great Gallop
Wings
Great Gallop

Dirt Sprinters

Wings
Great Gallop
Great Gallop
Great Gallop
Great Gallop
Great Gallop

Turf Routers

Wings
Wings
Great Gallop
Great Gallop

Quarter Horse

Claim Sad

Matthew McMahon

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew McMahon Sun May 29, 2011 11:40 am

Not equipped any of mine yet, but if choose to use one will check what equipment is needed before submission

Matthew McMahon

Back to top Go down

Post  Talia Ichinari Sun May 29, 2011 5:50 pm

For what I have I do have two nice dirt routers in my barn.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=221278

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=238871
Both of those are wows.

I don't however have many if any turf sprinters or dirt sprinters. hehe Nor do I have QHs. So I think those are my best to contribute.

Talia Ichinari

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew McMahon Sun May 29, 2011 11:18 pm

So what do we think is the best way of choosing our 5 competitors?

Will we need to vote, or can anyone think of an easier way to work out which 5 to put forward.

Matthew McMahon

Back to top Go down

Post  Talia Ichinari Mon May 30, 2011 12:57 am

I guess a vote for each category would be best.

Talia Ichinari

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleo Patra Mon May 30, 2011 2:35 am

How about I post a topic for each category and everyone replies with their possibilities for that category. When everyone has put their candidates forward, we discuss who would be best. If we don't agree immediately we take a vote.

The other option would be if everyone could be online at the same time sometime this week. I could make a chatroom somewhere or we could all be on MSN or AIM or something. Could everyone be around for an hour at say the time when mixer results run (Wednesday, 8pm game time)?

Cleo Patra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew McMahon Mon May 30, 2011 2:47 am

Not sure about being able to get into the chat room as that's Thursday lunch here, so I should be working Wink

Can we set up some forum posts for each category now, and see if we can make some unanimous decisions.

Matthew McMahon

Back to top Go down

Post  Talia Ichinari Mon May 30, 2011 12:48 pm

I'm ok with just posting for each category.

Talia Ichinari

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Lucas1 Mon May 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Ya I agree, let's try the forum posting

Todd Lucas1

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatiana Johnson Mon May 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Since i am new, i did not breed much. Therefore did not come back with very good results.
I got all but one claimers.
The one was a great gallop but in the field of dirt routing. So that option is not open.
So i do not have really anything to submit.

Tatiana Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew McMahon Tue May 31, 2011 10:17 am

I'm thinking that if everyone is able to post their best horses for each category by Wednesday evening (game time) we should then have a good idea of who can help best with each category.

If a vote is required for any, we have atleast 1 day to do that.

Matthew McMahon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down