Olympics Team 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event 6 - Handicapping Contest

5 posters

Go down

Event 6 - Handicapping Contest Empty Event 6 - Handicapping Contest

Post  Admin Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:28 pm

Event 6 - Handicapping Contest

The Handicapping Contest takes place on Week 11 Monday and comprises of two parts. First is the Pick 6, followed by the Trifecta Challenge.

For the Pick 6, you must select the 6 winners of Races 2 - 7 at Chaser Downs, Week 11 Monday. For every winner you select, you receive 5 points. For every miss, you get 0.

For the Trifecta Challenge, you must select the Top 3 finishers (In order) of three races at Kolkata Racecourse, Week 11 Monday. They are the Indian St. Leger (Race 4), the Indian Mile (Race 5) and the Indian Matron (Race 6). For every win you get correct, you get 5 points. For every place, 3, for every show, 1. If you HIT THE TRIFECTA in order, you get a bonus 5 points (so hitting a trifecta would be worth 14 points).

Please have one member of the team (preferably the Team Captain) submit your answers in a readable format to The Steward via the Contact Form *BEFORE* post time on Week 11 Monday. SIMHorseRacing.com recommends discussing your possible picks and whoever is able to be online Week 11 Monday, submit them once the fields are final.

Admin
Admin

https://olteam2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Event 6 - Handicapping Contest Empty Re: Event 6 - Handicapping Contest

Post  Cleo Patra Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:39 pm

The pressure is on guys. We have to get a perfect score, and even if we do we'll still be midpack with only one task to go. Who can be around in the hours before races go off on Monday? I'm not sure if I can be, but I'll try.

(Edited to add: I'm really sorry about my filly sucking so badly in that race. I knew she was a router and never should have submitted her for selection Sad )

Cleo Patra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Hoeflich Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:52 am

Don't feel bad, Cleo...we voted for her and besides, it was a tough field and who knew beforehand that it'd turn out this way. We'll buckle down and get 'em this round!

I'll tentatively say that I'll be around before the races on Monday, but I can't guarantee I'll be there more than say an hour beforehand.

Phil Hoeflich

Back to top Go down

Post  Talia Ichinari Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:27 am

I can tell if I'll be around Monday after work today. If I work that day I'll be around 30 min. to post at the least.

Talia Ichinari

Back to top Go down

Post  Talia Ichinari Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:31 am

OK I'll be able to get on long before post time Monday. Smile

Talia Ichinari

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Hoeflich Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Are we doing this challenge? I haven't seen anything about our picks or who's gonna be handicapping what races and all. Lemme know because if we're doing it, I'd like to study the races more and offer my 2 cents worth.

Phil Hoeflich

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleo Patra Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:29 pm

I think we're waiting until entries close. If everyone can try to be online before races run at some point, we should be able to come to some consensus.

Cleo Patra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleo Patra Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:36 am

Race Links:

For the Pick 6, you must select the 6 winners of Races 2 - 7 at Chaser Downs, Week 11 Monday. For every winner you select, you receive 5 points. For every miss, you get 0.
Year 30 Week 11 (Tue 1pm) Chaser Downs (MD) Condition: Yielding. Race 2 - 2 3/8 miles. Turf. Steeplechase. Thoroughbred. 4 year olds and up. Maiden Special Weight. Purse $15,000 (10 points)
Year 30 Week 11 (Tue 1pm) Chaser Downs (MD) Condition: Yielding. Race 3 - 3 miles. Turf. Steeplechase. Thoroughbred. 4 year olds and up. Maiden Special Weight. Purse $15,000 (10 points)
Year 30 Week 11 (Tue 1pm) Chaser Downs (MD) Condition: Yielding. Race 4 - 3 miles. Turf. Steeplechase. Thoroughbred. 4 year olds and up. Allowance. Purse $15,000 (20 points)
Year 30 Week 11 (Tue 1pm) Chaser Downs (MD) Condition: Yielding. Race 5 - 3 miles. Turf. Steeplechase. Thoroughbred. 4 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Allowance. Purse $15,000 (20 points) - Race Full
Year 30 Week 11 (Tue 1pm) Chaser Downs (MD) Condition: Yielding. Race 6 - 2 5/8 miles. Turf. Steeplechase. Thoroughbred. 4 year olds and up. NW3 Lifetime. Purse $15,000 (20 points) - Race Full
Year 30 Week 11 (Tue 1pm) Chaser Downs (MD) Condition: Yielding. Race 7 - 2 5/8 miles. Turf. Steeplechase. Thoroughbred. 4 year olds and up. Maiden Special Weight. Purse $15,000 (10 points) - Race Full

For the Trifecta Challenge, you must select the Top 3 finishers (In order) of three races at Kolkata Racecourse, Week 11 Monday.
Year 30 Week 11 (Tue 1pm) Kolkata Racecourse (IND) Condition: Good. Race 4 - 1 3/8 miles. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Indian St. Leger." 3 year olds. Stakes. Purse $150,000 - Grade 2 Entry Fee $1,500 (80 points)
Year 30 Week 11 (Tue 1pm) Kolkata Racecourse (IND) Condition: Good. Race 5 - 1 mile. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Indian Mile." 3 year olds and up. Colts and Geldings. Stakes. Purse $150,000 - Grade 2 Entry Fee $1,500 (80 points)
Year 30 Week 11 (Tue 1pm) Kolkata Racecourse (IND) Condition: Good. Race 6 - 1 mile. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Indian Matron." 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Stakes. Purse $150,000 - Grade 2 Entry Fee $1,500 (80 points)

Cleo Patra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleo Patra Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:29 am

My picks:

Chaser Race 2 - All We Are OR Krym Butch Rossa
Most tempted by All We Are as he can get the distance. The other horse hasn't run that far yet.
A note on the maiden who hasn't chased before: "Additionally, I'm not sure 'Fading Starrs' will ever be a steeplechaser".

Chaser Race 3 - Going out on a limb and saying Glacial Speed
Notes on the maidens: "Additionally, I'm not sure 'Dumont' will ever be a steeplechaser.", "'Glacial Speed' has a whole lot of upside and could end up being a stakes horse one day. It's worth a gamble to purchase this one at the right price. 'Glacial Speed' definitely has potential over fences - she should win a few steeplechase races."

Chaser Race 4 - Otia OR Pantsontheground

Chaser Race 5 - Umm... shortened the list to Butterfly Rain, Come Along Easy, Jump Master, Room Service and True Templar. Of that group I think probably Come Along Easy.

Chaser Race 6 - Again, only shortlisted. Beautiful Balloon, Dazzled Heart, Eisenhower and Jumpy with Dazzled Heart being my top pick I think.

Chaser Race 7 - Narrowed it to Colorado Rain, Harem Highlight and Mijn Face. My pick would be Mijn Face.
Maiden notes: "Additionally, I'm not sure 'Lorenzo the Red' will ever be a steeplechaser.", "Additionally, I'm not sure 'Richland Speed' will ever be a steeplechaser.", "'Ivy Jumper' looks to be a real solid claimer type. You never know what will happen until they race, though! 'Ivy Jumper' definitely has potential over fences - he should win a few steeplechase races.""

Indian Race 4
1st - Sword Fighter
2nd - Flood Gate
3rd - Rieworldt OR Smoking Sword

Indian Race 5
1st - Scottish Hero
2nd - Can't Fool Me
3rd - Cower
(Scottish Hero was coming off a long break and a huge ship for the last meeting between these three, so I think he'll win this one)

Indian Race 6
1st - Stars Fade Out
2nd - Mrs Madison
3rd - Foundling Daughter
Rangali is nice but is running back too soon in my opinion. Very short turnaround + ship = not good.

If for whatever reason I can't get online before results tomorrow, would somebody please send out picks and the trivia in if I haven't posted to say I've sent them by a half hour before results?

Cleo Patra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ricky bobby Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:28 am

I am THE WORST at handicapping races. I don't think I've cashed more than 2 bets in my SIM career. I will also not be able to be around for the races.

Basically, what I'm saying is I am very willing to back away from this contest unless Cleo or anyone else feels I am needed.

ricky bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Talia Ichinari Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Most of mine are like Cleo's lol

Chase 2
Krym Butch Rossa

Chase 3
Glacial Speed

Chase 4
Otia

Chase 5